- - - - -

oil and tinctures?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Desert Woman

Desert Woman
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Anybody got a less expensive suggestion than the pharmacy for purchasing glycerin locally?

By locally of course, I mean what types of shop, etc.? I'd rather not have it shipped...

i don't myself, but i bet someone else here can ..

#62 Desert Woman

Desert Woman
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

I guess Canada has been on board since 2005.

The Lesson of Sativex
By approving liquid marijuana, the Canadian government has just certified that virtually everything our own government has been telling us about marijuana is wrong.

On April 19,2005, the Canadian government delivered what should be the final blow to the U.S. government's irrational prohibition against the medical use of marijuana. It approved prescription sale of a natural marijuana extract -- for all practical purposes, liquid marijuana -- to treat pain and other symptoms caused by multiple sclerosis.

Sativex, produced by GW Pharmaceuticals in Britain, brings the medical marijuana debate full circle. Though the technology has advanced in 70 years, this product is a direct descendent of the marijuana extracts and tinctures that were a standard part of the medical armamentarium until the late 1930s -- universally recognized as being safe and effective for certain conditions. These products were taken away from patients and doctors as a result of the prohibition on marijuana that began in 1937, despite the public opposition of the American Medical Association.

more..
  • Crosscut, Jimmy Krack Kornz, EkimRI and 1 other like this

#63 T'Mag

T'Mag
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_oil

=====================================================
Skunk oil for your joints and tendons

1 large glass jar ( big pickle jar)
8 whole eggs
1 qt or pure gum turpentine... (pine tree extract) hardwhare store
1 qt of apple cider vinegar
stew for 2 weeks always in a 1 gallon glass jar.... lightly stirring every day

strain eggs out using cheese cloth or other screen type

the magic is in the whole eggs.... do not crack the eggs... they just dissolve and deform to a mush…. It strips the calcium from the shell

At the end of the stewing process use a scented oil of your choice... I use mint massage oil or other scented oil of your choice… vanilla…. Ect.
• Oils that can work olive, sunflower seed, Shea butter( good balm),Moroccan Argan oil.
• Enriched (cannabis plant) oils stewed at 160* degrees for 1-4 hours… then strain Plant matter using a screen and cheese cloth.
• After you have filtered selected oil mixed with final liniment oil.
• Store in a cool dark place ….

Shake bottle for 10 seconds.
soak towel in linamint oil and place the moist towel on your joints for 15 miutues once a day

enriched liniment oil can have zero pain in 15 minutes

it can take upto 2 weeks for the pain to disappear totally ( depending on personal issues)

shake very well
keep shaking well……. do to the separation in oils is fast in the jar

I have used gloves on my feet and hands to allow for the soaking prosess to happen

I have used paper towels and clothes to wrap finger and knees and then wrap plastic wrap or tape around that for a good hold.

W A R N I N G S …..USE WITH CARE
this product can be corrosive to sensitive skin…. So appliy with caution.

1.do not use on spine or back….. may cause cramping or spasms

2 do not use (soak) for more than 15 minutes… skin is sensitive and liniment is known to burn sensitive skin areas. Please apply with caution.

3. start off in light soaking amounts and start out in 5 min. soaking times. Then as you learn how the product responds to your skin up the time to 15 minutes.

4. Only apply once a day so your skin has time to heal from treatment.

5. Straight liniment oil can take up to 2 weeks for pain to go away.

6. Enriched liniment oil can have immediate pain relief with long term healing.

7. please wash in warm soapy water to wash oil off…. Re wash if skin is irritated.

8.do not use near eyes, genitals or swallow…. If so wash thoroughly for 15 minutes…. If swallowed please vomit up and seek medical attention.

Pain relief for certain symptoms

Arthritis joint discomfort
Tendos inflamed
Joint discomfort
Cracked and injured bones can have immediate pain relief with enriched liniment oil.
Hoping for gout pain relief

Inconveniences

in my experiences I have witnessed the struggles of making and using liniment oil

1 complex to make
2 smells like very powerful medicine. Needs a scented oil.
3.hard to bottle…. But a kerr jar and lid have worked well in past years.
4.wrapping knuckles, elbows, knees, ankles and feet can be cumbersome. Using latex or non latex gloves work very well

Edited by T'Mag, 24 February 2012 - 04:33 PM.

• twistyman, weezer, Desert Woman and 2 others like this

#64 T'Mag

T'Mag
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

history behind skunk oil. AKA linimint oil

my mom got it from a family friend R.I.P.....aka The happy hippie
he got it from an old indian medicine man.... they used it on horse ankles and joints.

which leads me to this.

today from my mom i got an email from her telling me what a great gift to the world.

she has been making linimint oil for longer than i.....

she makes it for her fibromyalsia and restless leg syndrome
she makes it with vitamin d3 and e oil...... something about the d, e and the calcium in the linimint that causes the nerves to calm down
  • Desert Woman, Crosscut and mactheman like this

#65 Desert Woman

Desert Woman
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

wow!
I will have to try it sometime.
thank you so much for sharing this recipe..
  • GrooT'mag and mactheman like this

#66 sofaking blazed

sofaking blazed
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Tincture help requested if ya dont mind......

after my sucessful batch with the 151 rum, I made 6 batches with everclear(1.5 gallons)......im having a hard time getting the jetfuel down,lol............Would letting the alcohol evap some help?....i know and need to sweeten it, but i feel its too boozy and hate smelling like a drunk,lol

i also made candy with it, followed the common hardcandy recipe, but i quadrupled the tinc reccomeneded, cause well, i wanted it to be potent,lol........now i have a huge batch of candy that is soft like taffy and rieks of booze,lol.......i know the extra liquor made it not harden like it shoulda.....but im stumped........evap the booze off or add more sugar? lol
  • Desert Woman likes this

#67 Desert Woman

Desert Woman
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Tincture help requested if ya dont mind......

after my sucessful batch with the 151 rum, I made 6 batches with everclear(1.5 gallons)......im having a hard time getting the jetfuel down,lol............Would letting the alcohol evap some help?....i know and need to sweeten it, but i feel its too boozy and hate smelling like a drunk,lol

i also made candy with it, followed the common hardcandy recipe, but i quadrupled the tinc reccomeneded, cause well, i wanted it to be potent,lol........now i have a huge batch of candy that is soft like taffy and rieks of booze,lol.......i know the extra liquor made it not harden like it shoulda.....but im stumped........evap the booze off or add more sugar? lol

try a couple whole cloves. i drop one in each of the dropper bottles i dispense. softens the bite and goes well with the flavor of the rum. you might try using the rum next time. it's much easier to work with because of the flavor.

Good Luck
Let us know how it goes.

#68 sofaking blazed

sofaking blazed
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Am i doing it wrong by doing shots of the tinc?....is it essential to use a dropper and drop under tongue ?

#69 Desert Woman

Desert Woman
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Am i doing it wrong by doing shots of the tinc?....is it essential to use a dropper and drop under tongue ?

what are the effects when you do that?
how long did you soak the plant material?
did you use sugar leaves or bud.
how much bud/trim to liquid?

a friend of mine does that. he'll toss the whole bottle into a coca cola. it doesn't hurt him at all, but my other patients and I get more benefit from using the directed of a dropper full or less at each dose and use at intervals.
  • mactheman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users