- - - - -

Wheatgrass

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

ok i had a new section on request. nothing to do with this being in the other thread..so ill move my stuff to here..

Ok ill be running a few different types of herbs this summer here...i will mainly be running natural healing medicines. or supps for nutrition...all natural and organic. should have a few things in here you`ve probably never heard of before. or never seen how its done.

first up is some Wheatgrass. we grow this up at my hydro store. it is a vitamin supp. basicaly in 1 small shot glass there is the equivilant in vitamins to all the veggies put together at once. verry good for us.

Wheatgrass refers to the young grass of the common wheat plant, Triticum aestivum, that is freshly juiced or dried into powder for animal and human consumption. Both provide chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Claims about wheatgrass' health benefits range from providing supplemental nutrition to having unique curative properties. Some consumers grow and juice wheatgrass in their homes. It is often available in juice bars, alone or in mixed fruit and/or vegetable drinks. It is also available in many health food stores as fresh produce, tablets, frozen juice and powder.

Proponents of wheatgrass make many claims for its health properties, ranging from promotion of general well-being to cancer prevention and heavy-metal detoxification. None of these claims has been substantiated in the scientific literature,though there is some evidence in support of the beneficial effects of chlorophyll in the human diet.
Wheatgrass vs. common vegetables

Wheatgrass proponent Schnabel claimed in the 1940s that "fifteen pounds of wheatgrass is equal in overall nutritional value to 350 pounds of ordinary garden vegetables",a ratio of 1:23. Despite claims of vitamin and mineral content disproportional to other vegetables, the nutrient content of wheatgrass juice is roughly equivalent to that of fresh vegetables (see table 1).
Wheatgrass is also thought to be superior to other vegetables in its content of Vitamin B12, a vital nutrient. Contrary to popular belief, B12 is not contained within wheat grass or any vegetable, rather it is a byproduct of the microorganisms living on plants. If plants are washed prior to consumption the water soluble B12 will be removed making most plants unreliable sources of B12.
Detoxification

Another common claim for wheatgrass is that it promotes detoxification. The limited data in support of that claim applies to most green vegetables.
Chlorophyll

As the chlorophyll molecule is structurally similar to hemoglobin, it has been argued that wheatgrass helps blood flow, digestion and general detoxification of the body. These claims have not been substantiated. However, some research exists that relates diets high in chlorophyll, present in higher concentrations in green leafy vegetables, to lower rates of colon cancer.

Usage

The average dosage taken by consumers of wheatgrass is 3.5 grams (powder or tablets). Some also have a fresh-squeezed 30 ml shot once daily or for more therapeutic benefits a higher dose up to 2–4 oz (60 - 120 ml) taken 1-3 times per day on an empty stomach and before meals. For detoxification, some users may increase their intake to 3–4 times per day. It should be noted that consumers with a poor diet may experience nausea on high dosages of wheatgrass. Outdoor wheatgrass is harvested for a few days each year from plants grown in the "bread basket" regions of the US and Canada. Winter wheat requires more than 200 days of slow growth in cold temperatures to reach the peak nutritional content. Even after that length of time, the plant is only 7 to 10 inches high.

#2 asshat

asshat
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

the lemon balm and the mints are easy to grow and are good for holistics if you ever decide to check it out

#3 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

ya ive got a whole shitload of info on this. ill be adding more as i decide what ill run here. im going to cover my front deck over with some latice work or similar to camo the weed and run other herbs along with them,.
dam even that latice isnt cheep for a small section.

#4 40acres

40acres
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

if you arent using the lattice for support, only for porch cover, try finding cheap bamboo window shades. they allow you to control them, and dont tear up super fast if they are latched down properly. I found some at world market for 11.00 on sale. They were something like 4x5ft.

#5 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

ya thats an ide. buit then to much sun is blocked. i want them with nice holes or spacing between. im not needing 100% stealth. im legit here..just top keep the rippers away. not at all worried bout my neighbours next to me,
so smei for stealth but more as a partial shade..it was 140 degree there lat summer. in direct sun...way to hot. melted my tempo humid gauge. ive got a couple used places to check yet but as of now looks about 70 buck each 2 to 3 foot wide section. so roughly so far about 2 to 300 to cover it in a bit. i want top to for rain protection. may even roll out panda for the top when heavier rains here.

#6 asshat

asshat
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

ya thats an ide. buit then to much sun is blocked. i want them with nice holes or spacing between. im not needing 100% stealth. im legit here..just top keep the rippers away. not at all worried bout my neighbours next to me,
so smei for stealth but more as a partial shade..it was 140 degree there lat summer. in direct sun...way to hot. melted my tempo humid gauge. ive got a couple used places to check yet but as of now looks about 70 buck each 2 to 3 foot wide section. so roughly so far about 2 to 300 to cover it in a bit. i want top to for rain protection. may even roll out panda for the top when heavier rains here.

walmart shoudl sell cheaper wood lattice deeper into spring, and home depot or menards should have larger sections that you mentioned in eitherwood or plastic. Dont spend 70 bucks for 2x3 sections, unless its made ot of aluminum or something

#7 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

not 2x3...2 or 3 wide...6 or 7 tall. id lay em on sides for width. i dont need much hight.,and no..i wouldnt pay that.
is under control....lol

#8 Rocket

Rocket
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

you could always make your own for cheaper, might need a nail gun though. heres some my pops and i made for our back patio (background of pic).

#9 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

ya i looked at that first...here its funny the way they price lumber...i can get a 2x4 cheeper than a small shit ;like them..its all backward asses...big is cheep and the small is double..
when i built the room here i was going to just use 2x2 for studs. think they were 2.80 each...8 footers. so i got heavier ones 2x3 and 8 foot studs and was only 1.20 each, then the thing shit was even more.

and ya ive got the perfetct stapler nail gun for this. ive made the others before with fencing below and the angled latice on top foot of it. i haqve no wheels right now to...so needs to be close or try and get a ride...not takin them on busses...i did with a bail of pro mix and 107 liters or perilite....wasnt fun.

#10 Rocket

Rocket
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

ya i looked at that first...here its funny the way they price lumber...i can get a 2x4 cheeper than a small shit ;like them..its all backward asses...big is cheep and the small is double..
when i built the room here i was going to just use 2x2 for studs. think they were 2.80 each...8 footers. so i got heavier ones 2x3 and 8 foot studs and was only 1.20 each, then the thing shit was even more.

and ya ive got the perfetct stapler nail gun for this. ive made the others before with fencing below and the angled latice on top foot of it. i haqve no wheels right now to...so needs to be close or try and get a ride...not takin them on busses...i did with a bail of pro mix and 107 liters or perilite....wasnt fun.

haha man i would be nervous to take that stuff on a bus but your medical though
I always keep my eye out for construction or demolition projects around my area, most construction managers are more than happy to let a few scrap pieces go and even are happy if you talk to them rather than sneak around at night. Some abandoned fence lattice would be cool to stumble upon
Makes you wish you had a friend with a decked out carpenters mancave and a 30,000 commercial table saw lol

#11 greenacres

greenacres
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

or if i keep them under 4 foot or so im ok.,..below the railing...or wall of deck. and may just do that, bend the piss outta them. maybe ill do a horizontal grow...run along the railing. tie it as it stretches along...lol
or ill scrog the deck..Hmmmm..i have screen to...lol
good thing i have 2 decks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users